The Petroleum Driver Passport (PDP) is an industry initiative to ensure all tanker drivers in the UK are trained and assessed to a consistent high standard.
All petroleum tanker drivers need to complete the PDP. The PDP qualification is valid until the expiry of your ADR card, but a classroom and practical refresher must be taken annually to keep your PDP valid.
Who should attend?
All petroleum tanker drivers who load, transport and offload petroleum products from a terminal.
- safe loading of petroleum tankers in refineries
- safe unloading of tankers at filling stations
- understanding dynamic risk assessments
- creating safe working environments
- understanding DSEAR
- understanding the role of the driver within the concept of DSEAR
- 3.5 hours classroom training
- 3.5 hours practical on-the-job assessment
Classroom based training for 3.5 hours. When taking your Full PDP this session will be followed by a 45 minute exam.
Practical assessment for 3.5 hours where you will be observed on-the-job e.g. vehicle checks, paperwork, loading, driving and deliveries.
After taking the Full PDP, it will be valid for 5 years. This validity is subject to you taking an annual PDP refresher.